What is sustainable manufacturing? Is your manufacturing facility sustainable? What can you do to help better meet company initiatives to be sustainable?
Sustainable manufacturing is the creation of manufactured products through economically-sound processes that minimize negative environmental impacts while conserving energy and natural resources.
Most sustainability initiatives start from the top down, but with costly line redesigns, equipment replacement and full production overhauls; these initiatives can become an overwhelming, expensive, and a time consuming process. The question remains, what can you do to help drive that goal, without huge financial impacts?
While there are many aspects of becoming a more sustainable organization, let’s focus on just one area; maximizing the lifespan of your current production assets.
Most companies have gone the way of the “throw-away age”, throwing out perfectly repairable electronics, motors, hydraulics, and pneumatic equipment. Some manufacturers even hold to archaic and wasteful policies where items under a certain price point or horsepower are automatically discarded without a second thought. Is this cost effective? Is it sustainable?
The answer to both those questions is no.
At Global Electronic Services we offer a unique flat rate service which allows you to repair your equipment for 50-60% the cost of new. Not only is this a significant cost savings which you can eagerly report, but these repairs can become a baseline for your sustainability efforts.
There are many reasons to consider adding repairs to your sustainability program:
- Repairs help in reducing and eliminating negative environmental impacts.
- End users are more conscious of the environment and often times having a sustainability plan or showing effort towards more sustainable manufacturing can improve your company’s reputation and make you more marketable.
- Repairs with Global Electronic Services are a standard 1-5 days, or we offer a free 24-48 hours rush service, this in comparison to a line upgrade which can take weeks, months or years to complete.
- Equipment life spans are extended when items are repaired after a break or fail. This helps reduce down time and keeps cost lower.
- When items are repaired with Global Electronic Services, customers are provided with a work order that outlines where the failures were identified. This can assist in locating additional failure points in the manufacturing process and assist the onsite maintenance team with pinpointing process issues.
Sustainability is the new “it” word in manufacturing. When your next big client asks you “What are you doing to be more sustainable?” Answer them with confidence.
We’re proud to offer Surplus, Complete Repair and Maintenance on all types of Industrial Electronics, Servo Motors, AC and DC Motors, Hydraulics and Pneumatics. Be sure to visit www.gesrepair.com or call us at 1-877-249-1701 to learn more about our services. Please subscribe to our YouTube page and Like Us on Facebook! Thank you